Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz19SaAPFlQ

January 19, 2011

I just have to get this out of my chest.

Hello dear readers,


So today's subject is something that you have probably heard of before if you spent a little bit of time on Youtube looking at natural hair videos or even spent some time reading natural hair blog or websites. To be quite frank with you I have had enough.



Can somebody please tell me why going natural has to be such a big deal. I mean why can't you just say I went natural because relaxing my hair was no longer an option for me.



What is the need for controversy. Why should a women with more curls than coil be ashamed of her hair? (Not that's it my case...but still). Why do people need to be jealous and start useless debate. Why pretend to be inclusive if the next day you are going to reject your "natural sister" because... Oh she died her hair so now she not really natural. Oh Oh, her hair is not coily enough or even better because her hair grows waaaaaaay to fast according to your standard.

Does going natural necessarily have to do with something deep, like discovering yourself?



Granted, whenever we go to a change in life it affect our being but still, really??
Is the natural hair community so in tune with themselves? I think... not.



Let me tell you why I went natural. I went natural because I was tired of seeing my hair grow one day and break off the next one because I used a relaxer. I was tired of freaking out every month and half because It was time for another relaxer.



I'm not going to lie... I never had long hair. The longest my hair had ever been was at the base of my neck and that's because for a while I would waste my Saturdays at a hair salon to get my hair done. But you know what I got better things to do with my days than spend it at hair salon.


Another reason why I'm currently going to this natural hair journey is that I'm tired to run after people to get my hair done. Why can't I just do it myself. What don't I teach myself?
And that's exactly what I have been doing for the pass 3 months.


I'm not going to my natural texture because that's how God created me. (Not that I don't love God, but that is beside my point), nor is my decision to stop relaxing my hair part of an Afrocentric movement or worst a mean to go back to my roots. That's just BS!



I'm going natural because that was the only other viable option for me, period.




Ouff... I feel so much better now. I have been keeping this for the pass few weeks but I guess today was the day...




I would like to know what YOU think and if you when natural for religious reason or as part of an Afrocentric movement or just to get close to your true self that's fine too.



Until next time...


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment